Jury of the main competition program
- Biography: Graduated in History and Criticism of Art at the Università degli Studi in Milan, Italy where she fell in love with the medium of animation. She specialized in History of Animated Film under Giannalberto Bendazzi's mentorship: the subject of her master thesis was the opus of two unpredictable spirits of American independent animation scene, John and Faith Hubley, and their Storyboard Studio in NYC. As an independent scholar she participated to numerous conferences for animation studies presenting the works of diverse independent authors of animation. In the last six years she has been curating the section dedicated to animated film at the International Comics Festival in Belgrade, Serbia. She is the member of the Selection board of Animafest Scanner, the symposium for Contemporary Animation Studies at the World Festival of Animated Film held annually in Zagreb, Croatia. She writes about animation and other arts for Belgrade weekly magazine Vreme. She is the author of the book Michael Dudok de Wit - A Life in Animation (CRC Focus).
- Biography: President of ASIFA Croatia, founder and artistic director of the International Festival of Animated Film and Comics Supertoon; organizer and manager of clubbing events, and international animation, visual art and comic book workshops; producer and publisher of comic book editions, exhibitions, animated and short films; author of short and animated films and multimedia exhibitions. Throughout all this, he is successfully unemployed.
- Biography: Hungarian animation filmmaker with an MFA from MOME Budapest. She is an alumna of Animation Sans Frontiéres and the Open Workshop residency. Her films were screened in competition at numerous festivals and received over forty awards. The Noise of Licking, her graduation film, premiered at the Cinéfondation Selection in Cannes, winning the Joint Third Prize. Symbiosis, her first professional film, received the Jury Award for Best Animated Short at SXSW. As a director she likes to address personal topics involving obsessions, voyeurism and sex.
Jury of the students competition program
- Biography: Born in 1990. in Zagreb. She graduated Fashion Design from the Faculty of Textile Technology with a focus on theatre costume. After developing an interest in animation she enrolled in the MA in Animation and New Media at the Academy of Fine Arts. She graduated in 2019. with her thesis film Cockpera. Apart from animation she has worked as a set and costume designer for film and theatre, as well as a music programmer and promoter. She currently lives and works in Zagreb.
- Biography: Producer of the trans-media project Radiovision, which resulted in short animated films shown and awarded at the Annecy IAFF, Animafest, and Balkanima festivals. He signs the production of the feature films Bandits in Search of Mom (three awards at FEST 2018), Love Cuts (two awards at Evolution! Mallorca IFF), the documentary Speak So I Can See You (Best Film Beldocs 2020, IDFA 2019, MoMA 2020). He is producing the short animated films Hovering and Revenge of the Thrown Doll and developing the feature-length animated film Captain John Peoplefox. He is currently the president of the DokSrbija association and one of the founders of the production company Set Sail Films, which is a co-producer at several international co-productions, including the documentary Surrogate for Wood directed by Senad Šahmanović, a biographical documentary about Dušan Vukotić.
- Biography: Born in 1978 in Sombor, Serbia. Graduated from the Faculty of Applied Arts in Belgrade, Department of Illustration and Book Design. Has worked as a freelance illustrator and graphic designer, chiefly on culture-related projects and publishing. Co-founder and member of “Turbotomorrow” designer group established in 2006. In addition to illustration and print design, she also researches screen printing techniques, mural painting and other media of visual expression.